Working at Victoria Asset Management
Victoria Asset Management has developed a culture which values its people, fosters creativity and rewards hard work. The company prides itself on its collegial and co-operative approach; providing staff with a high degree of accountability, responsibility and autonomy in the work place. We offer a professional and challenging environment and seek individuals who can apply their expertise in solving complex situations within a multidisciplinary team
Victoria Asset Management are actively looking to recruit for the current open roles. To apply for a position, please click the link for more details. Alternatively, if you would like to submit your CV for consideration, please click. Please note that all CVs are handled in line with Vicroria Asset Management’s Employee Privacy Notice - all recruiters submitting CVs are required to gain consent from the candidate for Victoria Asset Management to process their personal information.
ABOUT VICTORIA ASSET MANAGEMENT
Victoria Asset Management (“VicAsset”) is an integrated real estate asset management business, focused on delivering superior asset management services for capital invested by Oaktree Capital Management. VicAsset supports Oaktree Capital Management in the underwriting and management of investments across the capital structure in all commercial real estate asset classes; ranging from non-performing loan investments, direct assets and preferred equity interests, corporate restructures and structured finance opportunities.
The legal team at VicAsset is particularly transactional and works closely with the Oaktree principals to execute a broad range of transactions by leading the due diligence, structuring and contract negotiations.
VicAsset is seeking a new member of the legal team to be based in London. Working in a team of four lawyers, and reporting directly into the Head of Legal, the successful candidate will take on a broad role. Responsibilities will include:
- Being the main point of contact when running and managing transactions
- Understanding and filtering issues arising from the DD process
- Analysing the tax implications of the deal and our strategy
- Understanding regulatory issues
- Negotiating key transaction documents
- Liaising with Oaktree Capital Management’s Business, Legal & Tax teams
- Participating in pricing and Investment Committee meetings
- Dealing with all aspects of managing existing deals
It is a very collegiate team in an entrepreneurial and dynamic office culture with excellent development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years’ post-qualified experience gained within a city law firm environment, with time spent in a corporate / real estate / restructuring or real estate finance. A willingness to diversify and manage all elements of a transaction is required.
- Have a strong academic background including 2:1 degree
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be confident and able to articulate, and defend, their opinion
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a fast–paced environment
- Be proactive and show initiative with the ability to run with projects
- Have commercial acumen/ability to assess legal risk
- Be a team player, with the willingness to pitch in with general day-to-day queries.
Verde, 5 th Floor
10 Bressenden Place
London SW1E 5DH
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7429 2299
Paseo de la Castellana 15, 2A
Tel: +34 910210462
Tel: +49 697 7044643
Level 43 Champion Tower
3 Garden Road, Central Hong Kong
Tel: +852 2158 9185